Survey Crew Chief
Who We Are
Lowe Engineers is a full-service civil engineering, surveying, and mapping consultant serving a wide array of public and private sector clients. We strive to provide our clients with the highest quality product with individual needs being our highest priority. We commit to always go the extra mile and do what we say we are going to do!
We strive to create a culture of professionalism that is relationship oriented. Our Core Values demonstrate our commitment to not only our clients, but our employees and their families, as well as our entire community. We pride ourselves on our family centered atmosphere that builds employee relationships while promoting a balance of professional and private life.
Your Impact at Lowe Engineers:
Immediate position available for an experienced Survey Crew Chief with Lowe Engineers, LLC. Successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and enjoy being part of a team in a fast paced environment. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who enjoys challenging work working in a Team environment.
We need a Survey Crew Chief to run a two-man and or three-man survey crew for mapping and construction projects. Supervisor of field survey crew engaged in various types of surveys including performing boundary traverses, location surveys, level runs, retracement surveys, staking subdivisions, bridges, highways and commercial developments. Directs the field activities of the crew so the work is performed quickly and accurately. Understands and operates as necessary total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities. Ability to Run Leica total station and GPS equipment. Documents all phases of survey work. Some overnight travel required. DOT experience is a plus!
What You Bring to Lowe Engineers:
• 5+ years' experience as a crew chief
• 5+ years of heavy commercial and vertical construction layout
• High School diploma or GED
• Extensive Boundary/Cadastral Survey experience
• Topographic Mapping Skills
• Leica Survey equipment experience (Total Station and GPS)
• Ability to understand and operate total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities.
• Ability to perform calculations and work with computer programs.
• Knowledge of field survey engineering methods and techniques and survey instruments.
• Knowledge of construction plans and specifications.
• Work in Atlanta and Travel to projects around the United States
• Precise field note keeping and documentation skills
• Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to outdoor elements and dust.
• Physically able to work in the field at various construction sites and travel across rough, uneven or rocky surfaces.
• Ability to walk long distances, work long hours, nights, weekends, and out of town work possible.
• Must have good handwriting skills
Lowe Engineers offers a competitive benefits package to reward employees!
- 100% employer paid medical insurance offered to all employees
- Competitive dental and vision plans available
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 100% employer paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage
- Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance
- 401K match
- Work/Life balance to include paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Individualized training and mentor programs
- Professional development including certification and testing
- Professional membership support
- Employee Discounts to include Verizon, AT&T, and many others
- Complimentary coffee bar, office snacks, free food and fun-themed employee events
- Endless opportunities to volunteer alongside your peers. Past events include Habitat for Humanity, Red Cross Blood Drives, Brookhaven stream cleanup & multiple types of STEM outreach events at grade schools as well as colleges and universities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Lowe also participates in the federal E-Verify Program.