Nephrology practice in Shreveport, LA looking for PA
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana, 71101, United States
Job ID: 54389274
Position Title: Nephrology practice in Shreveport, LA looking for PA
Company Name: East Texas Kidney Specialists
Sector: Nephrology - PA
Entry Level: NO
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: Master's Degree
Min Experience: 1-2 Years
Required Travel: None
The Physician Assistant for a patient-focused, collaborative and highly motivated nephrology practice in Shreveport, LA. Essential functions include delivery of exceptional patient care in an office setting, dialysis center and hospital.
Essential Responsibilities: Outpatient Dialysis Units
- Manage the hemodialysis and/or peritoneal dialysis patient per Kidney Dialysis Outcome Quality Indicators (KDOQI) guidelines.
- Assess, diagnose, and manage systems-related complications of end-stage renal disease (ESRD) therapy including anemia, hypertension, bone disease, fluid and electrolyte imbalances, and vascular access.
- Diagnose and manage episodic health problems of clients with ESRD.
- Evaluate the client's progress and appropriateness of the plan of care.
- Encourage each client's maximal rehabilitation through education and counseling.
- Use an interdisciplinary team approach to plan comprehensive health care for the client.
- Support the client and family in decisions regarding termination of treatment.
- Perform annual physicals including health maintenance and preventative health counseling.
- Provide leadership to the clinical staff through education and consultation by serving as a role model and expert clinical resource in the nursing care of clients with ESRD.
- Assist the staff in preventing and treating complications of dialytic therapies.
- Coordinate continuity of care between the outpatient dialysis unit and other healthcare settings.
- Provide leadership for the establishment of nurse-driven protocols
- Perform services to include consults, visits and discharges with appropriate clinical documentation and orders.
- Assess the client and family discharge needs, participate in discharge planning, coordinate referrals, and dictate discharge summaries.
- Educate and counsel clients on treatment options and expected outcomes.
- Provide leadership to the clinical staff, serving as a role model and an expert clinical resource concerning nursing care of clients with chronic kidney disease, ESRD, and acute renal failure.
- Coordinate continuity of care between the hospital and other healthcare settings.
- Manage patients with chronic kidney disease, focusing on care that promotes health and prevents further decline in renal function.
- Follow established guidelines for NP/PA/Physician clinic model
- Coordinate a pre-ESRD client education program.
Develop or evaluate educational materials that will allow the patient to become an active participant in his/her care and foster decision-making abilities regarding treatments
- Masters or doctorate degree;
- Active LA license;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- At least 2 years of clinical experience as a medical provider with nephrology experience preferred; and,
- Experience in different aspects of care including AKI/critical care nephrology - including use of CRRT, CKD (inpatient and outpatient) and ESRD (dialysis dependent)
Job Type: Full-time
- physician assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- care of adult: 1 year (Preferred)
- er: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment